An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

16 November 2006

Top 10 Things You Can Do to Insult an Egyptian


1. Throw a shoe at him or give him an "afa" !!

2. Call his father names, like a dog or a homo.

3. Call his mother names, like a bitch or sharm**ta, or name her body parts, especially her kitten.

4. Call his mother's name.

5. Male to male: Ask him about his sister or wife or any female member of the family. Like how they're doing or if the single ones are seeing anyone.

6. Tell him the Egyptians didn't build the pyramids, or if he's a government official, that there are defects in his system.

7. Tell him he looks or acts like a Jew.

8. Try to drive faster than him or "teksar" on him!

9. Question his manhood and the size of his member, or his sexual preferences.

10. Criticize, mock or swear at his religion or religious figures.

Feel free to add to the list.

4 comments:

Raouf said...

I am surprised you missed this next one:

For an Egyptian man to be called a woman is a big insult.

To a lesser degree but still an insult is being called a child (3ayyel).
I have never heard a woman called a child as an insult (3ayyella). Maybe it is because there are much better ways to insult a woman.

Mumbo Jumbo said...

11. Call a liar a liar. It doesn't matter if he was caught on video, he will still have a fit!

Pharaoh said...

12-To tell him there's a defect in the thing he's doing

The Usual Suspect said...

Damn- wish I'd known all of this when I was getting a divorce from my first husband- would've made the whole ordeal just a bit more fun!

I tried calling him a terrible father to his children but that didn't work- is that just him or did I get the insult wrong?

Blog Archive

Look Who's Here :D