An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

02 November 2006

Za New Look Phenomenon!




Now one of the new expressions that REALLY tick me off is getting a : "New Look".

I don't know which moron first used it, but I bet my descending colon it's some Lebanese anorexic mozza with some zeppelin boobs on some "digested" channel. Now what on earth does that mean? What do women do to have a new look? Dye the hair blond and get a new haircut? Shove colored contacts into the eyeballs and walk around scaring the shit out of little kids? Buy a whole new wardrobe that shows all the ass-ets? Go under the knife? I find this such an extreme contradiction to the tsunami of religiousness sweeping Egypt off of her feet. Is it that the modern Egyptian woman either becomes a black tent or a clown? Nothing in-between? Why are we becoming so extreme? Why can't we just be "normal"? If such thing as being normal ever exists!!

Once I didn't go to Egypt for a whole year (I usually go at least 4 times a year and still see strange changes every time I go), but that one time I missed the scene for 12 months I was simply mortified! I was like, what the hell happened to women's eyebrows? And what's this strange slutty attitude? In the mean time, I was like whoaaaa, where did all those covered women come from? It was a very weird feeling of feeling like a total misfit.


Can't we do *anything* in moderation


Puhleeeeeeeez!

2 comments:

The Usual Suspect said...

Love your blog.
Totally agree with the way us Egyptians do everything to the extreme- have you seen the hijab fashions lately LOL!
I didn't go to Egypt for 13 years so imagine how shell shocked I was when I visited earlier this year.
Funniest/strangest/weirdest/scariest thing I ever saw was a woman wearing a hijab in tight black pants, skin tight bright pink top, 10 inch platforms and a face that looked like she let her 2 year old do her makeup. Not attractive. Not attractive at all!

QueenAlyaa said...

WOW U.S. you're here! Welcome my dear! Thanks for dropping a comment.

I think I saw the same woman LOL!!

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed