An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.
05 February 2007
The Foreigners Won't Eat Zucchini
This is supposed to be insider info from our new famous international university in Cairo.
So some kids-of-big-shots students had submitted their papers past the deadline. So they were told by their foreign professors that those were not to be accepted.
Most normal thing in the world, right?
Now the board of trustees (Egyptian) wants the foreign professors to break the rules and accept the late papers because of the Who's-Your-Daddy phenomenon. So they're chickens and are scared of what those big shot parents might to do them.
Now zee foreigners don't give a sshit , and they're threatening with the accreditation weapon.
And the "blood is up to the knees" in there.
I can totally picture the situation..
It could be like this..
- "Guttentag, zis ist Herr Professor Doktor DD, DCL, LLD, MD, DLitt, DSc, DPA, DMus, PhD, Mueller's office. Zis ist Herr Professor Doktor DD, DCL, LLD, MD, DLitt, DSc, DPA, DMus, PhD, Mueller speaking. How can I help you?".
- "Sabah el-foll Herr Professor Doktor DD, DCL, LLD, MD, DLitt, DSc, DPA, DMus, PhD, Mueller. So we were hoping you would have changed your mind by now".
- "No. Zat young man still gets an F".
- "Oh Herr Professor Doktor DD, DCL, LLD, MD, DLitt, DSc, DPA, DMus, PhD, Mueller. Come on. Next time he will do his best. Please give him an A or we'll have lots of trouble wiz his daddy".
- "Sind Sie (*aus of your ficken mind?*) serious? I will never change my evaluation for someone's sake. Have a nice day".
On the Egyptian side of the line:
"Ibn el-Schnitzel has no clue what zucchini can do to an ass".
.. And the fight goes on.
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (192)
- ► 2011 (167)
- ► 2009 (12)
- ▼ 2007 (9)