An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

05 February 2007

The Foreigners Won't Eat Zucchini


This is supposed to be insider info from our new famous international university in Cairo.

So some kids-of-big-shots students had submitted their papers past the deadline. So they were told by their foreign professors that those were not to be accepted.

Most normal thing in the world, right?

Wrong!

Now the board of trustees (Egyptian) wants the foreign professors to break the rules and accept the late papers because of the Who's-Your-Daddy phenomenon. So they're chickens and are scared of what those big shot parents might to do them.

Now zee foreigners don't give a sshit , and they're threatening with the accreditation weapon.

And the "blood is up to the knees" in there.

I can totally picture the situation..

It could be like this..

Phone rings:

- "Guttentag, zis ist Herr Professor Doktor DD, DCL, LLD, MD, DLitt, DSc, DPA, DMus, PhD, Mueller's office. Zis ist Herr Professor Doktor DD, DCL, LLD, MD, DLitt, DSc, DPA, DMus, PhD, Mueller speaking. How can I help you?".

- "Sabah el-foll Herr Professor Doktor DD, DCL, LLD, MD, DLitt, DSc, DPA, DMus, PhD, Mueller. So we were hoping you would have changed your mind by now".

- "No. Zat young man still gets an F".

- "Oh Herr Professor Doktor DD, DCL, LLD, MD, DLitt, DSc, DPA, DMus, PhD, Mueller. Come on. Next time he will do his best. Please give him an A or we'll have lots of trouble wiz his daddy".

- "Sind Sie (*aus of your ficken mind?*) serious? I will never change my evaluation for someone's sake. Have a nice day".

Hangs up..


On the Egyptian side of the line:

"Ibn el-Schnitzel has no clue what zucchini can do to an ass".


.. And the fight goes on.


....................

8 comments:

The Usual Suspect said...

Queen
You've been tagged

QueenAlyaa said...

Hey sweety thanks for passing by. I LLLLLLOVED your beauty tips but was a bit too busy to post.

KareemFromEgypt said...

LoL @ ibn el schnitzel

hebe said...

seriously funny post !

Marwa Rakha said...

Hello Ghawayesh,

I wrote an article about bloggers in Egypt and it will be published in the April issue of Enigma.

It is also on my blog: http://marwarakha.blogspot.com/2007/02/b-word.html

You are in it and I hope you like it.

Emmm .... the American Chronicle and a few other sites picked it up .... google my name and you will find it.

Keep it up girl

Marwa

FaiLaSooF said...

ghawayesh,
this is the first time i read you blog, and I have to say I find it very interesting.

keep up the good work, and I'm gunna start to be a regular reader of your blog :)

Best of luck

QueenAlyaa said...

Hello Marwa,

Thank you so much for passing by. I saw your work and I loved it! Keep it up.

I mean looks and brains, you go girl!

QueenAlyaa said...

Thank you Failassof.

Look Who's Here :D