An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.
10 June 2011
The Arty and The Farty
So, through my work I manage to meet all kinds of amazing people. Day in, day out, I come across stars of their fields: entrepreneurs, engineers, architects, doctors, designers, artists, singers, dancers, physicists, rocket scientists, you name it!
I can't reveal much information about my work, but all I can say is that throughout the day they manage to tell me their life story and show me stuff that they do.
Today I met this incredible young man, whose job is simply to come up with ideas that no one has ever created before. He's a genius crème de la crème Swiss graphic designer! The dude gave me goosebumps for an hour!!!
As he was showing me his work, it hit me how much happiness he could make me feel, simply by flipping through some photos of his work. It was like color therapy or something! This made me think of how much our culture deprives us of so many forms of beauty, yielding us to become taste-challenged! Just look at this:
Anyway, I have to run now so I'll leave you for his work to speak for him. This is a stage he created for a theater play- imagine! ALL with visual effects!! (Got permission to publish those beauties, thank you.) :
Question: Can we ever create this beauty in Egypt? Answer: No. Question: Why? Answer: Because we hit our kids too often on their heads.
Off to soak in the sun in some bella town and dream of a better future for Mankind, not. In fact I'll rot in some dark corner trying shoes on at a random Fendi outlet. Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or the heart of a D&G shop. *Drool* xx
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (192)
- Profile photo of a Saudi lady on Twitter.
- I'm an Egyptian in New York..
- Speaking of Belly Dancing.. Here Comes Yousra Hane...
- Omar Faruk Tekbilek- Sufism Aside! LOL
- The Sorceress & The Magical Perfumes- Omar Khaira...
- غوايش - كلمات سيد حجاب - ألحان وتوزيع عمر خيرت
- Mohsen Abuelazm Art محسن أبو العزم
- Gibran.. About Reason and Passion
- An Eye For an Eye Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- Ryan Dunn Jackassed Himself
- It Wasn't Me..
- Tweets about sexual harassment in Egypt..
- مدة الحمل في الاسلام .. الله أكبر
- Note to self
- Losing Faith in Humanity
- YES! Back to my love!
- A Haiku About A Psycho..
- Egyptian GGMILFs
- Islam is the solution for what exactly?
- Look! Revolution in Vancouver, In or out? Fight or...
- The Barrack of Mubarak
- It's A Revolution's Obligation to Stick Its Bonera...
- Hahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing at this!!
- Small Big Joys of Life
- To Suad..
- Caramel.. Because I Have To.
- Look, There's Democracy in Mianus!
- Back to where the heart is..
- The Arty and The Farty
- When He Gracefully Arrived لما بدا يتثنى
- The End Is Here!
- About A Girl (Called Mae)
- Back to writing
- I'm free - Fouad Haddad (My translation)
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2009 (12)
- ► 2007 (9)