An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.
16 June 2011
The Barrack of Mubarak
It's getting more obvious by the day that the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) is bamboozling us with a so-called democratic ruling, and that Mubarak is still practically in power- especially with his first man, Omar Soliman (Rightfully pronounced in Egyptian dialect: Sillyman), is still officially appointed as member of the SCAF.
Anyway, here's my vision for the near future: They will use the same artist who photoshopped Bin Laden's dead picture to photoshop a dead Mubarak (that reminds me of the Twitter joke: Now we're having a video of Bin Laden watching a video of himself watching a video of himself watching a video of himself dead) , while in fact he will be flown to live happily ever after in Switzerland or something as fancy.
One thing that made me resent our culture is the two-facedness. You hear the SCAF talking and you're like yeah they're OK, while their deeds are the total opposite. They're like an abusive boyfriend who would smash his girlfriend's face only to apologize and declare his love in tears on his knees afterwards.
And whatever happened to the virginity tests saga please?
Boy I'm so grateful I don't have to deal with such people on daily basis. I'm so grateful I chose to hit the evolution by upgrading the genes of my offspring. Phew, that was close!
Off to buy a carpet made in Egypt. For it's a way to keep things running. For I will always love you, my dear dear Egypt. Never mind your people; they don't deserve you. xx
Photo: That's what the Egyptians nickname Mubarak.
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (192)
- Profile photo of a Saudi lady on Twitter.
- I'm an Egyptian in New York..
- Speaking of Belly Dancing.. Here Comes Yousra Hane...
- Omar Faruk Tekbilek- Sufism Aside! LOL
- The Sorceress & The Magical Perfumes- Omar Khaira...
- غوايش - كلمات سيد حجاب - ألحان وتوزيع عمر خيرت
- Mohsen Abuelazm Art محسن أبو العزم
- Gibran.. About Reason and Passion
- An Eye For an Eye Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- Ryan Dunn Jackassed Himself
- It Wasn't Me..
- Tweets about sexual harassment in Egypt..
- مدة الحمل في الاسلام .. الله أكبر
- Note to self
- Losing Faith in Humanity
- YES! Back to my love!
- A Haiku About A Psycho..
- Egyptian GGMILFs
- Islam is the solution for what exactly?
- Look! Revolution in Vancouver, In or out? Fight or...
- The Barrack of Mubarak
- It's A Revolution's Obligation to Stick Its Bonera...
- Hahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing at this!!
- Small Big Joys of Life
- To Suad..
- Caramel.. Because I Have To.
- Look, There's Democracy in Mianus!
- Back to where the heart is..
- The Arty and The Farty
- When He Gracefully Arrived لما بدا يتثنى
- The End Is Here!
- About A Girl (Called Mae)
- Back to writing
- I'm free - Fouad Haddad (My translation)
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2009 (12)
- ► 2007 (9)