An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.
15 June 2011
Hahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing at this!!
Traumatic brain injuries in the Asterix comics
Traumatic brain injuries in illustrated literature: experience from a series of over 700 head injuries in the Asterix comic books
Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2011 Jun;153(6):1351-5.
Kamp MA, Slotty P, Sarikaya-Seiwert S, Steiger HJ, Hänggi D.
Department for Neurosurgery
Background: The goal of the present study was to analyze the epidemiology and specific risk factors of traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the Asterix illustrated comic books. Among the illustrated literature, TBI is a predominating injury pattern.
Methods: A retrospective analysis of TBI in all 34 Asterix comic books was performed by examining the initial neurological status and signs of TBI. Clinical data were correlated to information regarding the trauma mechanism, the sociocultural background of victims and offenders, and the circumstances of the traumata, to identify specific risk factors.
Results: Seven hundred and four TBIs were identified. The majority of persons involved were adult and male. The major cause of trauma was assault (98.8%). Traumata were classified to be severe in over 50% (GCS 3-8). Different neurological deficits and signs of basal skull fractures were identified. Although over half of head-injury victims had a severe initial impairment of consciousness, no case of death or permanent neurological deficit was found. The largest group of head-injured characters was constituted by Romans (63.9%), while Gauls caused nearly 90% of the TBIs. A helmet had been worn by 70.5% of victims but had been lost in the vast majority of cases (87.7%). In 83% of cases, TBIs were caused under the influence of a doping agent called “the magic potion”.
Conclusions: Although over half of patients had an initially severe impairment of consciousness after TBI, no permanent deficit could be found. Roman nationality, hypoglossal paresis, lost helmet, and ingestion of the magic potion were significantly correlated with severe initial impairment of consciousness (p ≤ 0.05).
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (192)
- Profile photo of a Saudi lady on Twitter.
- I'm an Egyptian in New York..
- Speaking of Belly Dancing.. Here Comes Yousra Hane...
- Omar Faruk Tekbilek- Sufism Aside! LOL
- The Sorceress & The Magical Perfumes- Omar Khaira...
- غوايش - كلمات سيد حجاب - ألحان وتوزيع عمر خيرت
- Mohsen Abuelazm Art محسن أبو العزم
- Gibran.. About Reason and Passion
- An Eye For an Eye Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- Ryan Dunn Jackassed Himself
- It Wasn't Me..
- Tweets about sexual harassment in Egypt..
- مدة الحمل في الاسلام .. الله أكبر
- Note to self
- Losing Faith in Humanity
- YES! Back to my love!
- A Haiku About A Psycho..
- Egyptian GGMILFs
- Islam is the solution for what exactly?
- Look! Revolution in Vancouver, In or out? Fight or...
- The Barrack of Mubarak
- It's A Revolution's Obligation to Stick Its Bonera...
- Hahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing at this!!
- Small Big Joys of Life
- To Suad..
- Caramel.. Because I Have To.
- Look, There's Democracy in Mianus!
- Back to where the heart is..
- The Arty and The Farty
- When He Gracefully Arrived لما بدا يتثنى
- The End Is Here!
- About A Girl (Called Mae)
- Back to writing
- I'm free - Fouad Haddad (My translation)
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2009 (12)
- ► 2007 (9)