An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.
17 June 2011
A Haiku About A Psycho..
My dear gorgeous friend N. is hitting 30. She is so beautiful in every possible way, yet has been so unlucky in love. I keep introducing her to eligible bachelors yet every time she comes to me and says: "You know what, it won't work, he's a psycho."
Last time I did an attempt as a matchmaker; I introduced her to a real movie star! An irresistible Egyptian hunk! And guess what? She wouldn't even call him!! N. is emotionally drained and exhausted of meeting potential partners.. =(
Some people even catch the so-called Sexual Anorexia!
And then I thought; OK, is anyone perfect? Of course not! I think the secret of success of long-term relationships is to understand this rule very very well: WE ARE ALL PSYCHOS! Yes, no one is ever perfect; we all have (horrible) flaws.
Step two: After you realize what's bothering you about your partner, ask yourself:"Is it really worth a fight/breakup?" Of course some are, but so many little flaws aren't!
Of course we can fall in love and fall out of love; and scientifically that takes a cycle of 7 years in humans, yet some people last longer; only by realizing that we all make mistakes; and we all have flaws.
My rule of thumb whenever someone is wondering whether he/she can continue with his/her partner is to ask oneself: "Do I (still) like his/her body odor?". If the answer is yes, then please give it another go!
A plus is to have a fetish about his/her body. In my case my fetish is pecs and strong arms and shoulders. I'd forgive anything for those!
And let me finish with a small Haiku for every beautiful psycho:
"Beautiful chest under a black shirt
my heart goes dancing
.. a Fight"
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (192)
- Profile photo of a Saudi lady on Twitter.
- I'm an Egyptian in New York..
- Speaking of Belly Dancing.. Here Comes Yousra Hane...
- Omar Faruk Tekbilek- Sufism Aside! LOL
- The Sorceress & The Magical Perfumes- Omar Khaira...
- غوايش - كلمات سيد حجاب - ألحان وتوزيع عمر خيرت
- Mohsen Abuelazm Art محسن أبو العزم
- Gibran.. About Reason and Passion
- An Eye For an Eye Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- Ryan Dunn Jackassed Himself
- It Wasn't Me..
- Tweets about sexual harassment in Egypt..
- مدة الحمل في الاسلام .. الله أكبر
- Note to self
- Losing Faith in Humanity
- YES! Back to my love!
- A Haiku About A Psycho..
- Egyptian GGMILFs
- Islam is the solution for what exactly?
- Look! Revolution in Vancouver, In or out? Fight or...
- The Barrack of Mubarak
- It's A Revolution's Obligation to Stick Its Bonera...
- Hahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing at this!!
- Small Big Joys of Life
- To Suad..
- Caramel.. Because I Have To.
- Look, There's Democracy in Mianus!
- Back to where the heart is..
- The Arty and The Farty
- When He Gracefully Arrived لما بدا يتثنى
- The End Is Here!
- About A Girl (Called Mae)
- Back to writing
- I'm free - Fouad Haddad (My translation)
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2009 (12)
- ► 2007 (9)