An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

13 June 2011

Sleep..

Sleep.. For my heart is over your bed..
Whenever love is mentioned it whispers bless!

Sleep, the angels will be awake to guard you
One with a smile and one sings adieu!

Sleep, and harvest the dreams of your inner boy
Cast and bring down the stars of the Sky

Sleep to the fullness of your eye
And my eye will be left with blood and cry

Sleep, peace has been written upon your lips
And I'm here kissing them in my clips!

Sleep, as love is partying against me,
for my pain and your luxury

Sleep, and nourish your core of heart and do not
be like me watching the stars at night

Sleep on my chest- it's the cradle of love
and chastity will always be our dove

You sleep and leave me sleepless
and leave our souls to make their wordness

Béchara El Khoury - AKA: Al Akhtal Al Saghir
(1885 - 1968)

نم أن قلبي فــوق مهدك كلما
ذكر الهوى صلى عليــك وسلما

نم فالملائك عيناها يقظــى فذا
يرعاك مبتسمـــا" وذا مترنما

نم و اجتنٍ أحـلام أزهار الصبى
و استنزل الزهر النجوم من السما

نم ملء عينيـك أن عيني ملؤها
دمعٌ و إن عنفتهــا أمتلأت دما

نم فالسلام على شفتيك سطرت
آياتـــه فلثمتهــا متوهما

نم فالهــوى حزبٌ علـي لأنه
يقضي بأن أشقـى و أن تتنعما

نم وارع حبات القلوب ولا تكن
ترعى كعيني في الظلام الأنجما

نم فوق صدري إنه مهد الهوى
و عفافــه أبدا" يرف عليكما

نم أنت واتركنـي بلا نوم ودع
روحي وروحك في الهوى تتكلما

No comments:

Blog Archive

Look Who's Here :D