An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

19 June 2011

Tweets about sexual harassment in Egypt..

I have never been harassed like I was harassed in Egypt. P.s. According to research: 100% of the Egyptians are "religious".

I have never walked in the street without being verbally/physically abused in Egypt. P.s. Say it's my fault, then you're a 3ars (pimp).


A male who finds any reason to allow himself to sexually harass a woman needs intensive psychotherapy sessions. Dead serious here.

It has nothing to do with looks. Sexual harassment is a show of power; like animals in a jungle.

Walking in the streets for an Egyptian woman feels like being in a landmine. A rude comment might explode in your face any moment.

Comments thrown at (veiled) Egyptian women by passersby? "I want to lick your cunt". "Whore". P.s.Those are religious people for you!

Many, if not most Egyptian ladies have developed a real phobia to being in public places. Some use tranquilizers and antidepressants!

As my friend, Dr.H was having lunch in her car in her work break, an ass was masturbating on her window. She had to clean his semen.

Sexual harassment in Egypt happens at home too. Many, many Egyptian girls have been subjected to sexual abuse by a family member. :/

S.harassment has deprived me from a very simple right: to walk in the streets of my country.I avoid being in the street by all means.

If I could; I would chop off the genitals of the male harasser on the spot with a knife. Yeah that's how much this matter angers me.

التحرش في البيت يأتي من أزواج الخالة والعمة ومن أولاد العم والخال بصورة رئيسية

Our dignity and even humanity are crushed everyday. We need your help. Please stop sexual harassment in #Egypt.Together we're strong.

Girls and women who step into public buses get "fingered". Welcome to #Egypt; the land of the cuckoos.

Like in civilized countries; we want a LAW against sexual harassment. Where is the law to protect us?

Tourists are not coming back because of (sexual) harassment. This phenomenon could be destroying our economy too.

Image of the Egyptians my ass. No one is destroying the image of the Egyptians but the Egyptians.


One day soon; this should stop.

2 comments:

Paul Turner said...

I read an article some time ago about a survey in Egypt about the sexual harassment of women. If I remember correctly, 65% of men surveyed admitted to doing it, 80% of Egyptian women said they had been harassed and 95% of western women said that they too had been harassed.
That is shocking but entirely believable.

Paul Turner said...

I read an article some time ago about a survey in Egypt about the sexual harassment of women. If I remember correctly, 65% of men surveyed admitted to doing it, 80% of Egyptian women said they had been harassed and 95% of western women said that they too had been harassed.
That is shocking but entirely believable.

Blog Archive

Look Who's Here :D