An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.
19 June 2011
Tweets about sexual harassment in Egypt..
I have never walked in the street without being verbally/physically abused in Egypt. P.s. Say it's my fault, then you're a 3ars (pimp).
A male who finds any reason to allow himself to sexually harass a woman needs intensive psychotherapy sessions. Dead serious here.
It has nothing to do with looks. Sexual harassment is a show of power; like animals in a jungle.
Walking in the streets for an Egyptian woman feels like being in a landmine. A rude comment might explode in your face any moment.
Comments thrown at (veiled) Egyptian women by passersby? "I want to lick your cunt". "Whore". P.s.Those are religious people for you!
Many, if not most Egyptian ladies have developed a real phobia to being in public places. Some use tranquilizers and antidepressants!
As my friend, Dr.H was having lunch in her car in her work break, an ass was masturbating on her window. She had to clean his semen.
Sexual harassment in Egypt happens at home too. Many, many Egyptian girls have been subjected to sexual abuse by a family member. :/
S.harassment has deprived me from a very simple right: to walk in the streets of my country.I avoid being in the street by all means.
If I could; I would chop off the genitals of the male harasser on the spot with a knife. Yeah that's how much this matter angers me.
التحرش في البيت يأتي من أزواج الخالة والعمة ومن أولاد العم والخال بصورة رئيسية
Our dignity and even humanity are crushed everyday. We need your help. Please stop sexual harassment in #Egypt.Together we're strong.
Girls and women who step into public buses get "fingered". Welcome to #Egypt; the land of the cuckoos.
Like in civilized countries; we want a LAW against sexual harassment. Where is the law to protect us?
Tourists are not coming back because of (sexual) harassment. This phenomenon could be destroying our economy too.
Image of the Egyptians my ass. No one is destroying the image of the Egyptians but the Egyptians.
One day soon; this should stop.
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (192)
- Profile photo of a Saudi lady on Twitter.
- I'm an Egyptian in New York..
- Speaking of Belly Dancing.. Here Comes Yousra Hane...
- Omar Faruk Tekbilek- Sufism Aside! LOL
- The Sorceress & The Magical Perfumes- Omar Khaira...
- غوايش - كلمات سيد حجاب - ألحان وتوزيع عمر خيرت
- Mohsen Abuelazm Art محسن أبو العزم
- Gibran.. About Reason and Passion
- An Eye For an Eye Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- Ryan Dunn Jackassed Himself
- It Wasn't Me..
- Tweets about sexual harassment in Egypt..
- مدة الحمل في الاسلام .. الله أكبر
- Note to self
- Losing Faith in Humanity
- YES! Back to my love!
- A Haiku About A Psycho..
- Egyptian GGMILFs
- Islam is the solution for what exactly?
- Look! Revolution in Vancouver, In or out? Fight or...
- The Barrack of Mubarak
- It's A Revolution's Obligation to Stick Its Bonera...
- Hahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing at this!!
- Small Big Joys of Life
- To Suad..
- Caramel.. Because I Have To.
- Look, There's Democracy in Mianus!
- Back to where the heart is..
- The Arty and The Farty
- When He Gracefully Arrived لما بدا يتثنى
- The End Is Here!
- About A Girl (Called Mae)
- Back to writing
- I'm free - Fouad Haddad (My translation)
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2009 (12)
- ► 2007 (9)