An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.
10 June 2011
When He Gracefully Arrived لما بدا يتثنى
Funny how those songs are sung addressing the masculine form, while the poet actually meant to address a woman!! It's like they'd rather sound homo than to speak to a woman aaahahaha! Anyway, here we go:
Lena Chamamyan is gorgeously singing it here:
Gracefully he arrived,
Full of beauty and glory,
So mesmerizing is my beloved,
He imprisoned me in a garden beyond mountains by the way he looks at me,
He seemed like a tree branch that leans towards its roots after hearing love songs and achieving richness.
I am dazzled and confused,
I have no one to ask for, to save me out of my lovelornness but you,
You .. The king of beauty.
لما بدا يتثـنى *** حبي جمـاله فتنــا
لما بلحظه أسرنا *** غصن ثنى حين مال
وعدي ويا حيرتى *** من لي رحيم شكوتي
في الحب من لوعتي *** إلا مليـك الجمــال
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (192)
- Profile photo of a Saudi lady on Twitter.
- I'm an Egyptian in New York..
- Speaking of Belly Dancing.. Here Comes Yousra Hane...
- Omar Faruk Tekbilek- Sufism Aside! LOL
- The Sorceress & The Magical Perfumes- Omar Khaira...
- غوايش - كلمات سيد حجاب - ألحان وتوزيع عمر خيرت
- Mohsen Abuelazm Art محسن أبو العزم
- Gibran.. About Reason and Passion
- An Eye For an Eye Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- Ryan Dunn Jackassed Himself
- It Wasn't Me..
- Tweets about sexual harassment in Egypt..
- مدة الحمل في الاسلام .. الله أكبر
- Note to self
- Losing Faith in Humanity
- YES! Back to my love!
- A Haiku About A Psycho..
- Egyptian GGMILFs
- Islam is the solution for what exactly?
- Look! Revolution in Vancouver, In or out? Fight or...
- The Barrack of Mubarak
- It's A Revolution's Obligation to Stick Its Bonera...
- Hahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing at this!!
- Small Big Joys of Life
- To Suad..
- Caramel.. Because I Have To.
- Look, There's Democracy in Mianus!
- Back to where the heart is..
- The Arty and The Farty
- When He Gracefully Arrived لما بدا يتثنى
- The End Is Here!
- About A Girl (Called Mae)
- Back to writing
- I'm free - Fouad Haddad (My translation)
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2009 (12)
- ► 2007 (9)