An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

03 August 2011

The Touch of God

Sometimes I feel so close to God that I could almost touch him.

I can see his beauty, smell his mercy on me, hear his divine words, stand in his shadow, feel his presence- even in silence and darkness, but he won't let me touch him unless I try really hard. But no matter what, I always feel safe in his presence.

But if I concentrate long enough, I can feel him in the things I love through him and by him. Through a kiss from the boys, or a bite of Turkish ice cream, or via a cracker perhaps.

Touching God can be felt if you try hard enough, from a gentle touch on the shoulder by an acquaintance, to the warm fuzzy feeling you get when your favorite pet cuddles you, or the wondrously tingly sensations of your intimate lover's touch.

Since touch is an expression of love, and since God is love, hence touch is feeling God. People who touch, people who want to touch, people who want to be touched are all seeking God. In my case, when I touch, I only want to touch God. I haven't been allowing any other form of touch, other than that of love, in the past year.

You will have to explore your own bodily sensations, needs, cravings, desires and pleasures. You will also need to examine your personal thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, memories and dreams – to find the healing and loving touch, the most profoundly sensational touch, touch that you can bring into all aspects of your life.

And you will be reminded, over and over, to bring that touch back to your own self, so that you can fully share your healing and loving touch with your own self and with others.

God is a touch. His touch sends energy through my body to keep me going. God's touch is my life battery.

I hope we are never afraid,

never feel guilty,

never shy from

asking to touch, taste and feel so that we may love, or believe, more.

One touch of your love
It makes me feel all right
For the rest of my life
- Me and My
We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.
- Mother Teresa


2 comments:

Raouf said...

These are mighty powerful words you are putting out here.
I love the audacity, simplicity and ecstatic spirituality. And cannot help notice how your expression of spirit is often accompanied with sensuality.
It is so rare to find this combination in elegant balance as it comes out of you.
No male could have written these words.

P.S. What happened to Osho? it was a pretty good post, I thought.

Ghawayesh said...

Merci Raouf- I love you!

Osho is gone. Somehow it sent a negative vibe down my spine! xx

Blog Archive

Look Who's Here :D