An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

19 December 2011

My Current Work of Art.. Part 5

I wanted to make a painting about depression. So here it is.

This man is Yosri Fouda, a friend and a famous Egyptian writer/Journalist/TV star.

It is 80% complete - I'd say.

1 comment:

Raouf said...

This is exceptionally good, you are quickly leaving the realm of amateur, this is display worthy.
It takes a lot to express a subject like that well. It takes sensitivity, intelligence and compassion and these all show in this work.
Love the choice of colors and the expression.
Well done.

Would not have thought that Yosri Fouda would suffer from that but this disease can hit anyone.
Women are more prone to depression than men, it is linked to the hormone cycle.
Here is an account by a fellow blogger
http://fantasia4ever.blogspot.com/2011/08/me-and-drepression.html

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed