An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

11 February 2012

Message From The Other Side

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” - Whitney Houston



Got it, sweetheart.

Thank you for helping my out through the bad times, you might have never known it, but your presence saved my sanity back in the days I had to struggle my way through so many losses.

And, remember this? This song was one of the reasons why I am who I am today. I can't even tell you how much you meant to me. Not the best schools, scared books, mothers, or priests can teach what your art could teach.

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
Everybody searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone to fulfill my needs
A lonely place to be
So I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

And if by chance, that special place
That you've been dreaming of
Leads you to a lonely place
Find your strength in love





R.I.P Whitney

I will always love you. xx

No comments:

Blog Archive

Look Who's Here :D