An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

09 June 2012

Little Moments = A Whole Life

For the good luck, I carried Farawla from home to the shop- 500 meters away. I don't know how we managed to shove her in the car and get her out again in one piece.

Farawla is Egyptian for "strawberry". My Farawla though, is a 2-meter bronze statue  of an Egyptian "slave", that captured my heart the moment I laid eyes on her in a shop window some 15 years ago. I was on my way to the supermarket when I got struck by love upon spotting her in a shop along the way. I walked in, bought her, and until now do not have any clue how I got the power to carry her on my shoulder and walk half a kilometer back home. It's the power of love- a force from above!

Farawla and I are inseparable. She moved with me everywhere, and shall move with me until the ass end of time.

For the good luck; I moved her as the first piece into the shop of my new home. And there she stood in her full glory, as I stood to watch her from outside, enchanted by a refreshing breeze, in my full slippers and pajamas!

She is a statue, nevertheless she does have a soul. Her presence gives me a feeling of belonging, safety- a sense and scent from home.

That moment I stood to watch her from outside, was one of those moments that came to stay engraved in my soul inside. How many moments did I have like that? Those moments = my life.

As I was arranging my stuff in the new apartment; I couldn't resist losing myself into remembering those moments during which I lived- as in literally lived.

Some were decades ago, others were minutes ago. Nevertheless, if I were to write down the story of my life; I would remember to write only them, and perhaps I should. Perhaps the world should know about the life of a woman; who counts her age in moments of joy.

On second thoughts..

I am but I'm not. I would but I won't. I can but I should not.


 Meanwhile, I hum Whitney's

Each day I live
I want to be
A day to give
The best of me
I'm only one
But not alone
My finest day
Is yet unknown

I broke my heart
Fought every gain
To taste the sweet
I face the pain
I rise and fall
Yet through it all
This much remains

I want one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel
I will feel eternity

I've lived to be
The very best
I want it all
No time for less
I've laid the plans
Now lay the chance
Here in my hands

Give me one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel
I will feel eternity

You're a winner for a lifetime
If you seize that one moment in time
Make it shine

Give me one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will be
I will be
I will be free
I will be
I will be free








No comments:

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed