An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

06 June 2012

Recommended read: The History Of Love

From Nicole Krauss’s The History Of Love:

  “Small daily humiliations - these I take, generally, in my liver. Other damages I take in other places. The pancreas I reserve for being struck by all that’s been lost. Disappointment in myself: right kidney. Disappointment of others in me: left kidney. Personal failures: kishkes. When the clocks are turned back and the dark falls before I’m ready, this, for reasons I can’t explain, I feel in my wrists. And when I wake up and my fingers are stiff, almost certainly I was dreaming of my childhood.”

- Old Leo Gursky, who seems to finding ways to put off death by redirecting pain to different parts of his body, so as not to burden the already weak parts.

No comments:

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed