An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

20 June 2012

Zuriduutsch vs other duuduuduutsch

Today I had clients from Basel. I was shocked to find out that I could totally understand what they were saying in their dialect!!

VOT?

I asked them whether they find Zuriduutsch heaveir on the ear. They said that they hate Zuriduutsch hahahahah! 


VOT?!!


I have a German friend who's been living here for 7 years and still can't understand Zuriduutsch. 


So where exactly is the problem? I think it has to do with the fact that, again, as a newcomer; you can never make friends with the Swiss. If you want to learn Swiss German; you better buy a book or take a course.


Great idea- I'll go look for one LOL


P.s. Too lazy to change the Italic font, so I'd say; live with it XD

3 comments:

Ohio said...

Classy Lady !!! I came across your site through SM site. Artist & Scientist !!!mmm. What kind of science your profile refers to? Egypt badly needs your kind.

Ohio said...

Classy lady. I came acrossthis site via SM blog. I am impressed, Artist & Scientist!!?. what kind of science your profile refrs to!!?
Egypt badly in needs for your type. Home you improve the swiss humor around you. Good luck.

Ghawayesh said...

Hi Ohio, I'm an MD and a former lecturer of Medicine. Glad to have you here.

Blog Archive

Look Who's Here :D