An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

01 August 2012

Eternal Happy Returns

As I sit in the balcony to enjoy a heavenly breeze and a majestic view on my favorite city shining under a full moon, like it got there right in time in its full glory to share this great nation its celebration of the national day; I smile as the fireworks send me the vibes of a happy person, feeling proud and blessed enough to share in lighting a party candle.

I lean back and look at the moon like I'm silently communicating with my best friend: "Remember a scene like this once before? Some thousands of sun years back in time? Back in a great country called Egypt? Doesn't it make you feel sad how things have changed?"

I could swear I saw his face giving me a sad smile.

I wish you eternal happy returns. Happy birthday, Switzerland. xx

1 comment:

BlackbootJack said...

Hi
Interesting blog, but I'm not sure what it is about.
Are you a student? In Egypt? Another country?
Are you pro Islamic....?
I run a web site that is anti-jihad. NOT anti muslim.
Maybe I can get you to write some articles for me.
Please contact me:
editor@infideltaskforce.com

www.infideltaskforce.com

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed