An Egyptian living in Europe but her heart stayed back home. Having some random thoughts about the before and after pictures. Ghawayesh means bracelets. In my context it symbolizes the cuffs of my culture. I don't know if I like them or hate them. Thanks for passing by.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in 2006 as a joke. Now that I look back, I have decided to take it seriously!

20 May 2014

H as in Rumi

There exists a field, 

beyond all notions of right and wrong.


I will meet you there.




- Rumi

1 comment:

Raouf said...

I will bring the wine.

Dopping the right and wrong is no easy task.
Our whole notion of self is wrapped around it.
It is the identity we cling to and fight so hard to defend it (probably because we know it is a false one).

And when we get caught in our web of confusion, we seek and we seek and we fill the world with ugliness and grief, and we take cover under the pretense of morality.

But you have told us Rumi:
Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it

Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.

It is good to know there are some with hearts big enough to listen.
See you there too, you bring the cheese

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed